Bank of America saving account
As we know bank of America offers the best savings accounts to plan and execute your goals on time. Today this post of our best blog on your site-Money08.com will discuss how you can open a bank of America savings account with the help of a few steps and more.
How many types of savings accounts are in the bank of America?
You can open your saving account in BOA easily but you will have to choose a saving account type. Here are three types of accounts that can be applied.
- Bank of America Advantage Savings
- Bank of America Certificate of Deposit (CD)
- Bank of America Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
What are the steps to open an advantage savings account in BOA?
You should follow these steps to open Advantage savings account at Bank of America:
- First of all, Go to the Bank of America website and select the option to open a new saving account.
- Now enter your ZIP code as required to proceed.
- Then choose the type of account you want to open, such as an advantage savings account or another one. Confirm and fill out the application such as Your information, account setup, and terms & condition, and review & submit.
- As required, provide your personal information, including
- your name,
- email Id,
- mobile number,
- Social security number,
- date of birth,
- employment details,
- and source of income.
- Then click on the continue button
- Now select, the first deposit type such as cash, check, bank, or debit card.
- Then select debit card required or not and enter the pin required.
- Now check out the terms and conditions. Click on the continue button.
- Then review the filled details and click on submit button.
- Then click continue and choose a username and password for online banking.
- Review and accept the bank’s terms and conditions.
- Submit your application and wait for a response.
- If you are approved, the bank will send you information about how to fund your new account and start using it. You may be able to do this online or by visiting a local branch.
It’s also possible to open a savings account by visiting a local Bank of America branch and speaking with a representative. They can provide you with more information and help you complete the process in person.
Should I open a saving account at Bank of America?
There are several reasons why you should open a savings account at Bank of America:
- Convenient banking options: Bank of America has a large network of branches and ATMs across the United States, making it easy to access your money when you need it. The bank also offers a wide range of online and mobile banking tools, allowing you to manage your account and make transactions from anywhere.
- Competitive interest rates: Bank of America offers competitive interest rates on its savings accounts, which can help your money grow faster.
- FDIC-insured: Like all FDIC-insured banks, Bank of America is backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government, up to $250,000 per depositor. This means that your money is safe and secure at Bank of America.
- Range of account options: Bank of America offers a variety of savings account options, including regular savings accounts, money market accounts, and certificates of deposit (CDs). This allows you to choose the account that best fits your needs and financial goals.
- Other financial products and services: In addition to savings accounts, Bank of America also offers a wide range of other financial products and services, including checking accounts, credit cards, loans, and investment options. This can make it convenient to manage all of your financial needs in one place.
- Automatic transfers.
- Custom alerts
- A Trusted Network
- Mobile Check deposits
- Comfortable timing and more.
How much initial deposit is required at the bank of America?
You have to deposit 100$ as the required opening deposit when your account opening application is approved by the bank for the bank of America saving account.
What are the monthly maintenance fees at the bank of America?
Hey! You have to pay Monthly maintenance fees that are 8$ each month. But if you wanna avoid it then you have to fulfill one requirement during each statement cycle out of the following given below-
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $500 or more, OR
- Link your account to your Bank of America Advantage Relationship Banking®, Bank of America Advantage® with Tiered Interest Checking, or Bank of America Advantage® Regular Checking account (first 4 savings accounts), OR
- An owner of this account is under the age of 18, OR
- Notify the bank you’re a Student under age 25 enrolled in school or an educational or vocational program, OR
- Enroll in the Preferred Rewards program. Or
- Visit your local financial center.
What is the withdrawal limit fee at Bank of America?
If you are considering an account in Bank of America, then you should know that withdrawals are limited and if you exceed the limit then you will have to pay. Let’s see the details-
Types of withdrawal when withdrawal limit fees can apply-
All types of withdrawals and transfers from a savings account, including:
- ATM withdrawals and transfers.
- Financial center teller withdrawals.
- Online and Mobile Banking transfers or payments.
- Automatic or pre-authorized transfers (includes an automatic payment to a merchant or bank).
- Telephone transfers.
- Withdrawals or transfer requests by mail.
How It Works Each Statement Cycle
- You can make a total of 6 withdrawals and transfers with no Withdrawal Limit Fee.
- After your first 6, the Withdrawal Limit Fee is $10.00 for each additional withdrawal and transfer.
- No more than 6 Withdrawal Limit Fees will be charged.
You won’t be charged the Withdrawal Limit Fee if
- You maintain a minimum daily balance of $20,000 or more in your Bank of America Advantage Savings account, OR
- You’re enrolled in the Preferred Rewards program, OR
- An owner of this account is under the age of 18, OR
- An owner of this account qualifies as a Student.
What is the transaction limit at Bank of America?
If you are considering an account in Bank of America, then you should know that transactions are limited and if you exceed the limit then you will have to pay. Let’s see the details-
Certain types of withdrawals and transfers from a savings account, including:
- Online and Mobile Banking transfers or payments
- Automatic or pre-authorized transfers (includes an automatic payment to a merchant or bank)
- Telephone transfers
Certain types of withdrawals and transfers from savings accounts are limited to a total of 6 per monthly cycle. This limit is governed by banks’ Deposit Agreements and Disclosures.
This limit doesn’t apply to transactions made at financial centers, by mail, or at an ATM. Keep in mind, Withdrawal Limit Fees still apply to these types of transactions.
If you exceed the transaction limitations on more than an occasional basis, the bank may convert your account to a checking account that may no longer earn interest.
What are the additional services & fees at Bank of America?
These are additional services & fees at BOA-
|No ATM fees||Bank of America ATMs||For deposits, withdrawals, transfers, or balance inquiries|
|$2.50||Non-Bank of America ATMs||In the U.S., plus any fee charged by the ATM’s operator|
|$5||Non-Bank of America ATMs||Outside the U.S., plus any fee charged by the ATM’s operator|
|$5||Statement copies||For each paper copy that you request from the bank|
|No fee||Statement copies||Printable statements are available in Online Banking.|
|$15||Cashier’s checks||For each check|
|$30||Stop payment fee||For each request|
When your deposit will show in your account in BOA?
|Checks||Usually, the next business day if deposited before the financial center or ATM cutoff time.|
|Cash, direct deposits, wire transfers||On the day bank receive them.|
|Mobile Check Deposit||Usually, the next business day if deposited by applicable cutoff times.|
|If BOA place a hold on your deposit||Bank will let you know the hold reason and when your funds will be available. This is typically provided at the time of deposit but may also be mailed later. Deposits greater than $5,525 and checks deposited within the first 30 days of account opening may be held longer.|
What is the interest rate policy in Bank of America?
Here is the interest rate policy of Bank of America-
|Interest rate||Your account has a variable interest rate, which means the interest rate may change. Interest rates for your interest account are based on balance tiers, are set at our discretion, and may change at any time without notice.|
|Interest Calculation||To calculate interest, the bank applies a daily periodic rate to the collected balance in your account each day. The daily rate that applies will depend on which balance tier your end-of-day balance falls in. Bank will compound and pay any interest earned monthly. Interest is only paid in whole cents and Bank uses standard rounding rules to calculate the amount. This means that an amount less than half of one cent is rounded down to zero, and an amount of half of one cent or more is rounded up to the next whole cent.|
|Extra interest||Extra interest is earned automatically when an account owner is enrolled in the Preferred Rewards program. The interest rate will increase by at least 5%, 10% or 20% over the standard rate, and is based on the Preferred Rewards tier in which you’re enrolled. Bank may decide to pay a higher rate.|
Faqs on the bank of America saving Account
You can find current rate information by
# checking bankofamerica.com,
# calling the number on your information about the account statement
# or visiting a financial center.
Yes, You will get FDIC coverage. Your account will be insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and will be backed by the U.S. Coverage government. The standard insurance amount is $250,000 per depositor, per insured bank, for each account ownership category.